Thursday 17 March 2011

Our Final Teaser Trailer

Final Teaser Trailer



What makes this Teaser Trailer so successful?
  • We've been able to incorporate midshots, extreme close ups, zooms (in and out), tracking, voiceovers, music and fade transitions.
  • We've added a 'dream' effect on the wedding shots in order to make the wedding scene appear as if it is a flashback. This sucessfully presented elements of a narrative to the audience and took them on a journey.
  • We successfully kept our trailer immensely conventional by using distributors and typical black and white titles to make our film look professional and to show that our trailer was of a usual drama genre.
  • We tried our best to stick to the conventional running time of one minute and although we may have gone slightly over the minute, we believe this was only because of the length of time of the Warner Bros distributor at the beginning of the trailer.
  • Our trailer was very straight and to the point, which we all feel presented the concept very well, because our target audience was able to understand what was happening and were therefore able to gain an idea of what the plot genre and narrative was.
How have my skills developed from AS?

I would definitely say that I have developed my skills greatly since the AS piece. I'm definitely much more confident with using movie making and editing programme Pinnacle as this year I was given the opportunity to edit the footage and video clips, which now means that I can use technology with much more ease.
I have also become much more independent in my own study, especially when it came to genre and audience research. I had a great deal of input when it came to forming and creating a questionnaire and thinking of questions to ask our target audience.
I'm now able to talk more and discuss more with my group even if there were times where we did have disagreements. We also became much more critical when it came to viewing our footage because we wanted things to be as good as they could possibly be. This meant that we filmed some of the shots a number of times.
Because I have also developed a wider knowledge of media and the influence they have on the sucess of films, I have become much more analytical when it comes to posters and film magazines. I also have a greater knowledge about the difference between normal trailers and teaser trailers, and I know that at AS level, I would have known nothing about trailer and teaser trailer conventions.
One of the main things that the group and I have learnt, is that audience feedback is extremely important, as you are much more confident in your decisions when you know exactly what your audience want. The group and I were also able to use my skills from knowledge of Photoshop when it came to the poster and magazine. I thought that it was good that many people in the group used their knowledge of Photoshop to create something professional looking.
Overall, I would say that the co-operation of a group is one of the most important things to remember, and I was definitely say that this year, the group had been able to converse much better with each other when it comes to creating and sharing imaginative ideas. Preparation is extremely vital and there was a great deal of planning that we had to do in order to ensure that our filming was a success. I would say that we are certainly much more prouder of this piece, because we took the time to organise each step in the forming process and despite having to film certain bits numerous times, I feel that we managed to maintain our determination to produce a promotional package that was extremely successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment